Usually this problem occurs when another program is using the computer's audio system when you first install the DPS Plug-In. Try these steps to fix this issue:
1) Uninstall DPS with the uninstaller located in Start Menu/Bongiovi Acoustics/Digital Power Station.
2) Reboot your computer.
3) Be sure no other programs are running. Check your System Tray (triangle icon at the bottom-right of your screen) to be sure programs like Skype or any other programs that use the Windows sound system are closed.
4) Install DPS again. Use the DPS Setup Wizard to get sound working properly.
- Looking for Bongiovi DPS 2.0 Support? [http://support.bongiovidps.com/how-do-i-fix-the-driver-not-found-error/|Click Here for the new support website.]]
- If you are running Windows in a language other than English, you may get the “DPS driver not found” error at startup. This has been fixed as of 1.2.0. Download it here
- If this error occurs only when you start your computer you may need to remove DPS from the Startup Folder in the Start Menu. There are rare instances when other services that are starting along with DPS at system startup interfere with the DPS driver. Just launch DPS after your computer has fully booted to avoid this issue.
- Try running the installer as Administrator. After you extract the DPS installer from the zip file you downloaded, right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator”.
Return to the FAQ Page.