Support hours are 9am to 5pm EST Monday through Friday. We will have a response for you within one business day.
Get Real-Time issue updates by following us on Twitter!
COMING SOON: We are listening to your requests to be able to deactivate your DPS Plug-In online! We are working on this feature now.
Click here to download the latest versions - These are full versions. Activating the DPS Plug-In removes the demo banner and restores full functionality.
New version details:
- Native OSX 10.8 AirPlay support has been improved. This is for AUDIO ONLY. If you wish to use DPS with video to an Apple TV (for example) please refer to the AirFoil help page.
- New version notification has been moved to About tab in Preferences. Click the “Check for Updates” button to see if you are using the most current version.
- Simplified Notification Center messages and made them default disabled for new installations.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Visit the Mac SW forum for the latest news, feedback and updates. Please post any problems you have in the proper forum category.
Email Joey Butera if you have technical questions or personal feedback.
- DPS is now compatible with Windows 8 as a Desktop App.
- Updated System Tray icon that matches volume control, network and other Windows system icons.
- Added the bongiovi-dps protocol for remote conrol via your web browser or other application.
- Updated the Setup Guide to use the remote control URLs.
- Better handling of private information.
- Improved multi-user support.
- Known Issue: The DPS Plug-In may crash when switching output categories (built-in, desktop, headphones) while audio is playing on some systems. If this occurs simply restart DPS from the Start Menu. This crash is always avoided when switching outputs while audio is not playing.
- The latest version for Windows is always available here.
New in this version:
- New Graphics.
- Bug Fixes.
- Get new profiles at the Bongiovi DPS Profiles Page. You may add new profiles to your device by touching a link and choosing “Open in Bongiovi DPS”.
Songs not available due to DRM or iTunes Match - Only the iTunes Music app has access to songs that are in the Apple Cloud. This is the most common reason for a song appearing in the Bongiovi DPS lists with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection. A song must be on your device's disk for it to be accessible. To make a song accessible to Bongiovi DPS and other apps simply open the Music app then touch the “Cloud” icon next to the songs you wish to play. The songs will be downloaded from the Cloud and become available within the Bongiovi DPS app.
Stability on Older Devices (iPhone 3gs, iPod 3rd gen etc.) - The Digital Power Station audio processing algorithm, while highly optimized, is very computer processor intensive. This means older devices have just barely enough power to run the DPS app. For a comparison, the Bongiovi DPS app uses only slightly less processing power than a complex 3d game. If you are using an older device with Bongiovi DPS, double tap your iPhone or iPod's home button to reveal what apps are currently running. Touch and hold any unused apps until they wiggle then close them by touching their “x”. This will free up much needed memory that Bongiovi DPS needs to function properly.
- If the Bongiovi DPS app says you must upgrade to the full version and you have already done so, just touch the upgrade button. At the end of the upgrade purchase process you will see that it is FREE. Apple will not make you pay twice.
- It is recommended that you quit the iPod (now called Music in iOS 5) app and any other media library players while using Bongiovi DPS.
- NOTICE: We are no longer supporting the DPS Plug-In for iTunes. Current iTunes customers have a received a free upgrade to the Mac System-Wide Plug-In. Visit this forum topic for more information.
- The latest version (1.4.1) is officially compatible with OSX Leopard (10.5) through Lion (10.7) and iTunes 10.6.
- Updating to iTunes 11.0.1 may make your plugins disappear. Reboot your computer and they should return.
- We have re-named the Universal profiles to City Profiles. The profiles sound the same so you may want to view the Universal to City profile key.